Masterclass 2018 “Education, Ethics, & Values for Sustainability”
Transformative Teaching and Learning with the Earth
This programme offers an opportunity to deepen understanding on the concept of sustainable development and its implications for education, learning and change. It explores practical methods for introducing sustainability values into educational settings, and uses the Earth Charter as an essential foundation for sustainability.
- to empower educators to create practical and meaningful experiences that give power and significance to the ethical principles and values of the Earth Charter
- to explore ways on how to craft learning experiences that go beyond rational logic and touch on emotional learning abilities.
About this Programme
Under the framework of the UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainable Development with the Earth Charter, this programme will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience of:
- The Earth Charter principles
- Education for Sustainable Development and the Earth Charter pedagogy
- The sustainability vision articulated in the Earth Charter
- Resource materials that you can use in your teaching
This masterclass is designed for educators in formal and informal settings: schools, universities, NGOs, training centers or any learning environment.
2- 6 July 2018
Earth Charter Center for Education for Sustainable Development,
University for Peace,
El Rodeo, San José 1070,
Phone +506 2205-9060
$1,300 (Programme cost includes materials, refreshments, lunch, local transport and certificate of completion. (30% discount for groups of 3 or more)
More information is available through the website of the Earth Charter Initiative.