Apply now: AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship 2019-2021
The fellowship programme targets highly qualified young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of work experience, strong leadership qualities and a high level of dedication. AFRIKA KOMMT! is an initiative of German industry for future leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa and offers the opportunity of a one-year experience in Germany, including an eight-month internship in a leading German enterprise.
19 leading German enterprises founded the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! in the year 2008 - the very first joint-initiative for capacity building by German industry. At the heart of the AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program is an eight-months practical training in a leading German enterprise benefiting both, fellows and partner companies - a classic win-win situation:
The programme fellows benefit through
- gaining first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- being exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practics
- becoming acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- extending their international management competencies
- initiating networks of cooperation partners between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies
The partner companies benefit through
- establishing networks of cooperation and trust in promising future markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
- extending their experience with the working and business culture in Sub-Saharan Africa
- improving their knowledge about cultures, markets, countries etc. in Sub-Saharan Africa
Who can apply?
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship programme aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals
and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong
leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the programme requires candidates
to have the following set of general skills and attributes:
- Language and communication skills
- Excellent English skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
For more information regarding the requirements for application please check the application guide.
Deadline for applications is 11 January 2019.
Further information: Call for application on the Afrika kommt! website
Dear all, please understand that this is not our call, but the call of "Afrika kommt". If you have any difficulties with the application form, please contact the websmasters there.