ICTP-SAIFR/FAIR Workshop on Mass Generation in QCD
25. Februar 2019Ende:
01. März 2019Veranstaltungsart:
- Sonstige Termine
Bruno El-Bennich (UNICSUL, Brazil), Mauro Cosentino (UFABC, Brazil), Gãstao Krein (IFT-UNESP, Brazil), Ulrich Wiedner (Bochum University, Germany)
ICTP-SAIFR & IFT Universidade Estadual Paulista
Experiments at FAIR, the Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research, based in the German city of Darmstadt, is a new international accelerator facility for the research with antiprotons and ions. The scientific questions it will address include:
- How did matter in the early Universe evolve and why does it look the way it does today?
- How does matter behave across the wide range of temperatures and pressures found in the past and present Universe?
- How does the strong force, which binds the particles comprising atomic nuclei work – and where do their masses come from?
- Where do the atomic elements come from?
- How does the electromagnetic force, which binds atoms and molecules, work under extreme conditions?
To address those questions, the FAIR experiments require high precision detectors for charged and neutral particles for high-interaction rates.
The workshop at the ICTP-SAIFR intends to bring together theorists and experimentalists to discuss these physics topics accessible at this facility. In addition, the workshop aims to expose the possibilities for involvement of more Brazilian physicists in what will be the leading future experiments to study the strong forces within nuclei which FAIR offers. There is no registration fee.
- Tassos Belias (GSI, Darmstadt, Germany)
- Marco Bregant (IF-USP, Brazil)
- Kai-Thomas Brinkmann (Giessen University, Germany)
- Evgeny Epelbaum (Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany)
- Christian Fischer (Giessen University, Germany)
- Tobias Frederico (Instituto Tecnológico da Aeronáutica, Brazil)
- Tord Johansson* (Uppsala University, Sweden)
- Takeshi Kodama (UFRJ, UFF/INCT-FNA, Brazil)
- Frank Maas (HIM/Mainz University, Germany)
- Marcelo Munhoz* (IF-USP, Brazil)
- Fernando Navarra* (IF-USP, Brazil)
- Klaus Peters (GSI, Darmstadt, Germany)
- Tobias Stockmanns (FZ Jülich, Germany)
- Jun Takahashi (UNICAMP, Brazil)
- Kazuo Tsushima (UNICSUL, Brazil)
* to be confirmed
- Bruno El-Bennich (UNICSUL, Brazil)
- Mauro Cosentino (UFABC, Brazil)
- Gastão Krein (IFT-UNESP, Brazil)
- Ulrich Wiedner (Bochum University, Germany)
Registration until 13 January 2019 at ictp-saifr.org/sis/qcdw2019step0.php
Weiterführender Link: https://dwih.com.br/de/wissenschaftskalender/ictp-saifrfair-workshop-mass-generation-qcd